- This event has passed.
DIY Filmaking: From Script to Screen
June 2, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
THE FIRST WORKSHOP WENT SO WELL… WE’RE DOING IT AGAIN! All proceeds from this workshop will go into our indiegogo campaign to fund season two of THESPIAN… The $175 fee for the workshop will be considered a contribution to the campaign and includes:
1) Invite to our Cast and Crew Preview Screening party with food and booze!
2) Your Name in the Credits
3) Social Media Shout Out
4) Can’t make the party? We’ll still send you links to watch the whole second season before it’s released to the general public!
5) THE WORKSHOP OF COURSE!
PLEASE NOTE- the Indiegogo campaign ends APRIL 17th so please sign up for the workshop before then to receive all the additional perks!
Join Marc and Maria Unger, co-creators of the highly acclaimed series THESPIAN (now available on Amazon and Amazon Prime), along with THESPIAN cast members Sasha Carrera, Christopher Walker and Director of Photography Tim Szczesniak for this one-day comprehensive workshop focusing on everything you’ll need to know to create your own DIY indie episodic series, feature or short film.
Using visual and anecdotal examples from their eight episode first season, this is an opportunity to get practical advice and an overview of the entire process of DIY filmmaking from an experienced group of fellow creators. Learn from both our triumphs and our mistakes. The workshop will cover the following:
– Creating a compelling story arc
– Writing unique characters with a specific “voice”
– Pre Production- (storyboards, planning a shot list to get the proper coverage, set design, creating a shooting schedule to maximize efficiency, etc.)
– How to find the essential crew needed to realize your vision (and how to keep them happy)
– The audition process and what you should look for when putting together a cast
– Shot composition, camera movement and lighting- What will make your work stand out from all the rest
– Finding interesting locations
– Directing actors
– Tips on directing yourself as an actor (while dealing with issues like lighting, too much traffic noise and lunch)
– How to avoid “on set” chaos
– The importance of good sound and tricks for getting it in unfavorable conditions
– Understanding how operating under a SAG (Screen Actors Guild) New Media contract is beneficial and how to handle the paperwork.
– Post Production- Understanding the challenges you’ll encounter and how to get your work out of the camera and onto the screen.
– Marketing techniques to maximize the size of your audience (and how to attract funding through crowd sourced platforms)
The workshop will be held SUNDAY, JUNE 2nd at MOTOR HOUSE 120 W. North Avenue Baltimore, Md 21201 from 10am-4pm with a half hour lunch break at 12:30pm. Cost is $175
If you’d like to check out the series, here’s the link to Amazon. http://a.co/d/flrxGWp Free for Amazon Prime members. If you don’t have Prime and would like to watch the series just sign up for the workshop and we’ll send you links to view all eight first season episodes.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Marc at 443-630-4022- SPACE IS LIMITED. TO SIGN UP, follow the link below to our indiegogo campaign and choose the $175 DIY FILMMAKING PERK featured on the right side of the page. If you’re interested in offering a larger contribution (perks at higher levels include associate producer credit, us filming anything you want for free and some other cool stuff) your contribution will, of course, include this workshop. Thanks!