From Script to Screen — DIY Filmmaking Workshop
October 20 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join Marc and Maria Unger, co-creators of the highly acclaimed series THESPIAN (now available on Amazon and Amazon Prime), along with some THESPIAN cast members for this one-day comprehensive workshop focusing on everything you’ll need to know to create your own DIY indie episodic series, feature or short film.
Using visual and anecdotal examples from their eight episode first season as well as never before seen footage from season two (currently in production) this is an opportunity to get practical advice and an overview of the entire process of DIY filmmaking from an experienced group of fellow creators. Learn from both our triumphs and our mistakes. The workshop will cover the following:
– Creating a compelling story arc
– Writing unique characters with a specific “voice”
– Pre Production- (storyboards, planning a shot list to get the proper coverage, set design, creating a shooting schedule to maximize efficiency, etc.)
– How to find the essential crew needed to realize your vision (and how to keep them happy)
– The audition process and what you should look for when putting together a cast
– Shot composition, camera movement and lighting- What will make your work stand out from all the rest
– Finding interesting locations
– Directing actors
– Tips on directing yourself as an actor (while dealing with issues like lighting, too much traffic noise and lunch)
– How to avoid “on set” chaos
– The importance of good sound and tricks for getting it in unfavorable conditions
– Understanding how operating under a SAG (Screen Actors Guild) New Media contract is beneficial and how to handle the paperwork.
– Post Production- Understanding the challenges you’ll encounter and how to get your work out of the camera and onto the screen.
– Marketing techniques to maximize the size of your audience (and how to attract funding through crowd sourced platforms)
The workshop will be held SUNDAY, OCTOBER 20th at MOTOR HOUSE 120 W. North Avenue Baltimore, Md 21201 from 10am-4pm with a half hour lunch break at 12:30pm. Cost is $150
If you’d like to check out the first season of our series, here’s the link to Amazon. http://a.co/d/flrxGWp Free for Amazon Prime members. If you don’t have Prime and would like to watch the series just sign up for the workshop and we’ll send you links to view all eight first season episodes.
To register https://www.eventbrite.com/e/from-script-to-screen-diy-filmmaking-workshop-tickets-72025792083
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Marc at 443-630-4022- SPACE IS LIMITED.