Motor House is looking for additional event staff, including box office, lighting/sound techs, and bartenders.
Motor House is an equal opportunity employer and aims to reflect the diverse community we serve. We strongly encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially those with a strong interest in and/or connection to the arts, music and creative communities in Baltimore.
Motor House is looking for Baltimore-based box office staff to work ticketed events ranging from breakdance competitions and DJ dance parties to live music and comedy shows. Applicants should be detail-oriented, tech-savvy, good with money, customer service-oriented, enthusiastic about the arts in Baltimore, and pleasant to work with. Pay is $12/hour.
If you’re interested in being considered for box office gigs, please send the following information to email@example.com
- Relevant work experience
- Why you’d like to work at Motor House
- Description of your creative or artistic pursuits, if applicable
- Name two of the best ticketed shows you’ve seen in Baltimore
Overhire Lighting/Sound Technicians
Motor House is looking for experienced sound and lighting technicians for live music, theater, comedy, and discussion events. Motor House pays $15-$20/hour based on experience and type of work. Guaranteed minimum 3-6 hours per gig. If interested, please submit a resume with relevant work experience and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Motor House is seeking an experienced bartender to join our team. The bartender will be responsible for serving patrons at the bar, ensuring quality customer service, maintaining a clean and organized workspace, performing product inventories, monitoring the cash drawer throughout the shift, and closing the register at the end of the night. Pay is $8/hour, plus tips.
- At least a year’s experience working as a bartender
- Familiarity with a wide variety of drink recipes
- High level of customer service
- Ability to serve as shift leader
- Coordinate with the GM on daily & special events menus, product inventories, and best-practices for efficient and effective sales and service
- Oversee closing procedures, including register, tips distribution, shift reports
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs and work on their feet for 6+ hours
To apply and for more information, email Showroom Bar Manager Nick La Porta at email@example.com