Motor House is an equal opportunity employer and aims to reflect the diverse community we serve. We strongly encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially those with a strong interest in and/or connection to the arts, music and creative communities in Baltimore.
Motor House is looking for Baltimore-based box office staff to work ticketed events ranging from breakdance competitions and DJ dance parties to live music and comedy shows. Applicants should be detail-oriented, tech-savvy, good with money, customer service-oriented, enthusiastic about the arts in Baltimore, and pleasant to work with. Pay is $12/hour.
If you’re interested in being considered for box office gigs, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relevant work experience
- Why you’d like to work at Motor House
- Description of your creative or artistic pursuits, if applicable
- Name two of the best ticketed shows you’ve seen in Baltimore
Overhire Lighting/Sound Technicians
Motor House is looking for experienced sound and lighting technicians for live music, theater, comedy, and discussion events. Motor House pays $15-$20/hour based on experience and type of work. Guaranteed minimum 3-6 hours per gig. If interested, please submit a resume with relevant work experience and two references to email@example.com.
Motor House is seeking an experienced bartender to join our team. The bartender will be responsible for serving patrons at the bar, ensuring quality customer service, maintaining a clean and organized workspace, performing product inventories, monitoring the cash drawer throughout the shift, and closing the register at the end of the night. Pay is $8/hour, plus tips.
- At least a year’s experience working as a bartender
- Familiarity with a wide variety of drink recipes
- High level of customer service
- Ability to serve as shift leader
- Coordinate with the GM on daily & special events menus, product inventories, and best-practices for efficient and effective sales and service
- Oversee closing procedures, including register, tips distribution, shift reports
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs and work on their feet for 6+ hours
To apply for the bartender position and for more information, email Showroom Bar Manager Nick La Porta at firstname.lastname@example.org